Sometimes finding an excellent attorney to handle your legal issues is very challenging. Issues to do with criminal matters, landlord-tenant issues and child custody require experienced and reputable lawyers who are sometimes tough to get.
However, for New Yorkers, this is no longer a problem. The Lawyer Referral and Information Service (LRIS) of the New York State Bar Association have come to the rescue of New Yorkers. The body has launched a 24-hour online portal to allow people to access lawyers. This online service will help reduce the stress individuals go through when searching for lawyers during the desperate times.
Individuals seeking to use the online service should use the following procedure.
- Log into the New York Bar Lawyer Referral and Information Service and fill a confidential questionnaire detailing your location and legal issue.
- The Bar will then review the survey and match you with a lawyer near your location.
- For individuals who live in one of the 17 counties with local referral services, the Bar will send your request to the respective County Bar Association.
- A consultation fee of at least $35 is then charged depending on the matter at hand.
- After the consultation, the client is free to decide if to continue with the attorney or choose another one. An additional fee is then agreed by the lawyer and the client.
Jeremy Goldstein in Brief
Jeremy Goldstein is the founder of Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates LLC, a boutique law firm. Before establishing this company, Jeremy Goldstein was a partner at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz law firm. Over the past decade, Jeremy Goldstein has been involved in the acquisition of some of the largest organizations in the United States.
Jeremy Goldstein graduated with B.A, arts, and history from the Cornell University and a master’s degree from the University of Chicago. In 1999, he earned a Juris Doctor degree in law from the New York University School of Law.